Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Uuugghh!

So, as I sit here finishing up some school stuff... have been reading other people's blogs and so impressed.  Pete - perhaps a school to watch!  Sara - so much planned on your storytelling!
I just finished grading 90 Math tests.  Then, today I had a substitute teacher who didn't bother to read my plans....aahhh.  Really?  I asked him to read specific directions to my students - which he didn't.  Then, I asked him to collate my test ( staple part 1 and part 2 together and put together with bubble sheet).  He didn't have to do ANYTHING else but "watch" my students take a test.  He didn't do that either.  Then, my intern told me he showed up in jogging pants (whoosh-whoosh ones).  Who does that ?

Tiffany, I didn't have our number to cal you last night...please email me with it so I can call next time!  Thanks!

 A podcast would have definitely come in handy!

3 comments:

  1. Some guest teachers blow my mind with how unprofessional they are. I've had the same problem with a few substitute teachers who think that their agenda items are more important than my sub plans. Then to discover that all chaos errupted in my class while I was gone, because the sub told them inappropriate stories about showgirls in Vegas. I'm sure my 8th grade boys walked out of there scheming a way to get to Vegas for spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all can tell some stories about having subs. I am going to be gone on Friday, with the middle school steering committee to look at another schools grading policies. When I told my students who their sub was going to be they were very made with the person I got. In fact the art teacher had to stop using her so much as a sub the first part of the year because she was getting calls from parents about her being to mean go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had a sub who sat at my computer and played games all day. I now have a few contacts I always try to call first.

    ReplyDelete